Friday 17 January 2014

Basilico's new menu items...

I slipped over to the Suburbs from town for dinner at Basilico in Newlands (diagonally opposite Melissa's) this week...chef and owner Anthony Bounds had mentioned on my last visit that he'd introduced a few new menu items this past December and I was keen to try them out. I only got through two dishes as it was just Oscar and me - I mean I could've pushed for another but I would've come across as a greedy pig which is so un-diva.  This time we sat upstairs - the view is amazing from the balcony - a great spot to sip your Peroni on a balmy summer's evening...




Spaghetti with prawns, fresh leeks, chilli and garlic, simmered in a tomato and cream sauce.


Grilled lamb rump with garlic and rosemary potatoes, spinach and mushroom in a red wine reduction...


Basilico serves simple, affordable and wholesome Italian food in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, it has become a busy family-orientated restaurant loved by the neighbourhood.

www.basilico.co.za / @Basilico_pizza /  https://www.facebook.com/Basiliconewlands /
021 683 5989 - 32 Kildare Road, Newlands

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home